Commercial Lines Account Manager OR Assistant
Website The James Allen Companies Inc.
POSITION TITLE: Commercial Lines Account Manager or Assistant Account Manager
REPORTS TO: Department Manager
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to clients, producers and company personnel in a professional and positive manner. Handle all tasks associated with obtaining, maintaining, expanding and servicing existing accounts in accordance with all agency procedures and carrier guidelines. Support company growth by working with producers, management, and other personnel on special projects or duties as directed.
- Work under the supervision of Dept Lead and/or Account Executive for guidance and training on all Account Manager responsibilities.
- At the direction of the Account Executive and/or Account Manager, prepare company submissions for new/renewal business, market as appropriate and prepare proposals.
- Prepare all change requests and review policies for accuracy.
- Setup and prepare new account files in AMS360 per agency procedures.
- Prepare and process cancellations when required and follow up on notices of cancellations per agency procedures.
- Respond to all carrier memos and process any necessary updates as directed.
- Prepare and process client requests, including ID cards, evidence of property, certificates of insurance, and binders.
- Mail policies and related documents to insureds as needed.
- Keep Account Executives and/or Account Managers fully informed of all important activities on their accounts.
- Service Company and clients in a manner to avoid potential exposure to E&O claims.
- Alert management of incidents that may require management assistance or approval.
- Respond to phone calls and e-mails within acceptable timeframe not to exceed 24 hours.
- Process client requests (e.g. ID cards, certs, binders) within 24 hours of request.
- Maintain current, consistent, detailed documentation on all client activity, phone conversations, and correspondence in AMS360.
- Utilize AMS360 suspense system to follow up on outstanding items in a timely manner to avoid overdue situations.
- Prioritize workload and request assistance as necessary to reduce backlog.
- Participate with management and other departments/personnel on special projects and other duties as needed.
- Keep current on rates, forms and coverage changes through bulletins, trade publications, and seminars.
- Participate in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
- Education requirement: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Active DOI P&C License required.
- Knowledge of AMS360 system or similar agency management system.
- Good listening skills, attention to detail, and a positive attitude are essential.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance and products.