Website The James Allen Companies Inc.
Our Client focuses on creating connections and building lasting relationships. “Our people truly make the difference”. Are you a dedicated team player who thrives in a diverse, innovative and upbeat culture? Do you have strong team working skills, possess technical excellence, have a desire for continuous learning and have compassion and respect for others? If so, our client is the company for you!
Currently seeking an experienced Underwriting Director who will be responsible for acquiring and retaining profitable property and casualty accounts for our Southwest Region. The selected candidate will manage a group of underwriters who promote sales of various P&C products through the independent agency system. This position will be located in our Southwest Regional Office located in Richardson, TX.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; NOTE – Relevant, progressively responsible work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education
* Minimum eight years commercial, multi-line, P&C marketing and underwriting experience, including workers’ compensation, preferably middle market accounts
* Three years management experience leading an Underwriting team
* Relevant experience managing and developing the skills of commercial underwriting staff
* Excellent knowledge of the independent agency system
* Hands-on underwriting technical experience
* Excellent relationship building skills
* Industry designations are preferred