Excess Casualty Underwriter Atlanta
Website The James Allen Companies Inc.
Our client is seeking an experienced Sr. Underwriter to join our Casualty department.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Underwrite, service, and maintain a profitable book of casualty (umbrella/excess) business.
- Determine and recommend acceptable pricing and terms, within underwriting authority, on new business and renewals.
- Stay current on competition, underwriting environment, and market conditions and share that knowledge within the department.
- Oversee the accuracy and timely issuance of quotes, binders, and policies.
- Monitor claims and loss experience.
- Maintain relationships with existing producers and assist in the development of new producers.
- Maintain a market presence locally and out of state.
- Assist in special projects and reports.
- Maintain an awareness and presence within the industry.
To be considered, applicants should have the following qualifications:
- College degree, industry designation, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years Casualty underwriting experience
- Strong math aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team oriented attitude and approach
- Ability to make decisions and demonstrate initiative
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Good negotiation skills